Team Member Spotlight: Get To Know Eliza
1. What do you like most about working for Ty Boyd?
I love the community that TBE has created, whether you have known a team member for 5 years or 5 minutes, you will feel emboldened and welcomed!
2. Describe the company in one word or sentence.
Confidence, warmth, and ambition.
3. What’s the number one thing you’ve learned since being a part of this company?
Understanding your audience will get you far in life.
4. What's the best story from your time with the company?
5. What was your experience like attending the Excellence in Speaking Institute as a student?
"I get it now" was the tag line of our class. Each participant had what can only be described as a "transformation". There were so many exercises and opportunities to provide and receive feedback that it felt like we were all valued for our thoughts and observations. Something I think impacted me that I was not fully aware of until weeks even months later, was how little STUFF we need in a presentation. I became more self aware of how often I use my phone, computer, or objects around me as crutch or to fill time. The more present you are, the more present the audience will be.
6. What should someone expect from going through the course?
Expect to be stripped of ego and enriched with tools and resources that will ultimately build your character, professionalism, and storytelling skills. Whether you are shaking and go blank in front of an audience or are delivering speeches like a pro, nobody leaves without total breakthroughs.
7. What truly makes you different than other companies?
The ability to take something as vast as "communication" and break it down into digestible knowledge with finesse and energy! Something that nobody is exempt from is the ability to "communicate" but know HOW to communicate EFFECTIVELY is something you must learn from the masters.
8. When you were young did you ever imagine you'd be on the faculty of a global communication organization such as Ty Boyd Inc?
I feel humbled and energized that I come from the Boyd family. To have grown up around this atmosphere was a true gift. Seeing my mother flourish and thrive in her position as a leader in this field always gave me so much pride, and to follow closely in her footsteps and with her watching over me I know I am in the right space.
9. Describe yourself in one word or sentence.
I strive to be a woman of substance, who is able to guide others to live as their highest self!
10. What are some things you enjoy doing when you’re not working?
Paddle boarding in gorgeous Charleston, snuggling with my short lab, podcasting, and typically reorganizing the refrigerator to highlight the colorful produce.