Team Member Spotlight: Get To Know John
1. What do you like most about working for Ty Boyd?
Being able to see the personal growth in our program attendees. It is so rewarding to watch people achieve something they previously believed they could not do.
2. Describe the company in one word or sentence.
3. What’s the number one thing you’ve learned since being a part of this company?
That everyone possesses the ability to be a good communicator. But everyone does not believe they do.
4. What's the best story from your time with the company?
The first time I listened to Ty tell his Zip Line story was memorable. He is the master.
5. What was your experience like attending the Excellence in Speaking Institute as a student?
I first took the course in 1984 when I worked for Apple. I distinctly remember my first video coaching session with Ty. I was the last one for the evening, and we ended up talking for about an hour. We really connected, and that began a wonderful and meaningful relationship with Ty and the family.
6. What should someone expect from going through the course?
To grow and develop and to cast off those demons which tell you that you cannot speak powerfully in front of the room.
7. What truly makes you different than other companies?
The care and personal dedication to each and every person in the course. We treat every attendee as family.
8. When you were young did you ever imagine you'd be on the faculty of a global communication organization such as Ty Boyd Inc?
Coming out of college I had no idea what I wanted to do, but I knew I was comfortable talking, so I was sure I would have a career dealing with people.
9. Describe yourself in one word or sentence.
I live in the moment, and I am outgoing, creative, loving and a bit of a contrarian. If everyone is going north, I am inclined to go south.
10. What are some things you enjoy doing when you’re not working?
I paint, write, do yoga, exercise, play a bit of piano, watch movies and enjoy being at home with my wife.