For more than twenty years, Pat Boyd has coached and mentored CEOs and other high-level professionals in how to improve their speaking and presentations. She helped grow Ty Boyd, Inc. Executive Communications & Coaching from a local company to a full-service communications consultancy. Pat is a contributor to Ty Boyd’s book, The Million Dollar Toolbox: A Blueprint for Transforming Your Life & Career with Powerful Communication Skills. Prior to her work with the Ty Boyd, Inc. team, Pat was a TV spokesperson.
1. What do you like most about working for Ty Boyd, Inc.?
Meeting and working with people from all over the world!
2. Describe the company in one word or sentence.
I believe that our Boyd Team really makes a difference in this world, so I’d say “world changers.”
3. What’s the number one thing you’ve learned since being a part of this company?
Being a part of this company has taught me to focus on being more of a listener. On the phone, one-on-one with anyone we meet…if one will really try to practice these skills, he/she can bring civility back into any room in the world.
4. What’s the best story from your time with the company?
Too many to tell here! So many “life changing” experiences and I admit many bring tears!
5. What was your experience like attending the Excellence in Speaking Institute as a student?
6. What should someone expect from going through the course?
I am blessed to have married one of the greatest presenters. The fun part of attending as a student, I learned that we never really “arrive!” The “Excellence in Speaking Institute” EVENT is part of our journey….but we never stop learning. We all keep learning every time we speak.
7. What truly makes you different than other companies?
We REALLY CARE! We really care about each and every client. The pure joy that comes with loving what we do is a gift. Yes, our team works very hard but the joy of success is more than rewarding!
8. When you were young did you ever imagine you’d be the co-founder of a global organization such as Ty Boyd, Inc.?
Frankly, YES! I have been blessed with great opportunities.
9. Describe yourself in one word or sentence.
I really try hard to make a difference. Thanks to our precious daughter, Anne Boyd Moore, I am trying to keep a smile on my face… YOUR smile is contagious; simple yet powerful.
10. What are some things you enjoy doing when you’re not working?
I love to think of ideas to help this world. During the Christmas season, I often wear one red shoe and one green shoe. This one fun practice has rewarded both the observer and yours truly. Something so simple can provide wonderful smiles and hugs! I would love to give the world a hug, and I remind myself that life is really short, so get on with being the best I can be… always seeking my God.